Thursday, July 16, 2015

Mock-Up: RG MS-06F Zaku II MARPAT Desert

Mock up for an RG Zaku II Ver. USMC

Update: finished!
Color palette: 
  • Vallejo Model Air: Flat Tan, Camo Light Brown, Camo Medium Brown, Camo Black Brown
  • Tamiya: Gunmetal & Gold Leaf
I may change some accent colors whenever I begin painting.


This next kit I'm planning is, what I fear, gonna be time sink. Not that it's a bad thing! What I'm worried about is planning and executing the perfect camo pattern. So, depending on how well I can understand the pattern will determine my time spent on it.

For this kit I'll be using stencils that I purchased from Anarchy Models. Each pixel is pretty much 1 mm x 1 mm and if that doesn't make any sense to you I used my knife for scale :p
As you can see, there are a lot of sizes! 

I haven't used these stencils yet but here is the tutorial Anarchy Models created to show you the process!
While it's for their Hexocam stencils, the process is obviously the same.


Not pictured are negatives. If you don't know what those are for, they do the opposite. Instead of covering an area to paint around the stencil, it covers the area outside to paint inside of it. Typically used for correcting errors and making adjustments.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment