Sunday, July 5, 2015

WIP: Gundam Astray Red Frame Kai x Ninja Slayer

Gundam Astray Red Frame Kai x Ninja Slayer

Update 1: Started painting
Update 1.1: 2nd attempt at marble effects

So, this is my first Master Grade kit and will be my second time fully painting a kit!

I've made a crappy, best-of-my-ability mock-up in PS to give an example of what I had in mind.















The scheme on the right was the original idea but something was really off about it. I tried to match 
the Astray's colors to the armor of Ninja Slayer's but in the end it looked weird. So, I opted to not try to do that and I think the revision looks much better!

For crazy pattern they use on armors and masks during the anime what I plan to do is try the water marbling technique that nail artists do. Here's an example of the process...


Let's see how well I can pull this off! haha
Bailed on this technique. More info in this update

And last... For the lime green outlining! All I really plan on doing is trimming 6mm masking tape to size, painting them, and applying them like decals. It's probably easier said then done, but without any experience I won't find out until I'm in the thick of things!

Stay tuned... I'll be updating as I make progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment