Monday, August 3, 2015

Update 2: (Mostly) Snapped and ready for weathering!

Still lots more to do! But I wanted to share some pics.

More after the jump!


 Previously: Painting!






Man, this kit has had it's ups and downs. I had that masking mishap, I broke a few parts here and there, lost some (replaceable)pieces, and there's probably something else I'm forgetting. But after all said and done, I'm loving these results.

I still need to prime and paint the weapons and some parts I replaced that I lost (antenna/fin). But after that I just need to do some weathering and matte coat then, he's off to his new home!


Just remembered, my pin vise I bought sucked. Don't ever buy Model Master tools. Ever. Period. My first pair of side-nippers, misaligned after 1 single HG kit when I started this hobby a few months ago. And this pin vise wouldn't even hold the drill bits in place.

I mention this because for the thrusters on the legs I wanted to drill holes to slide IC Sockets in them. I'm sure the experience wouldn't have been as frustrating if it actually worked. OK, /rant

No comments:

Post a Comment