Thursday, September 3, 2015

WIP: G-Self Head DIsplay

Modifying a G-Self Head Display!

(bonus MG RX-78-2 3.0)
My first leg of progress after the jump!

So far I'm planning to:
  • Beef up the chest
  • Modify the shoulder things(?)
  • Modify the collar
  • Change details on the fins
  • Lengthen the visor
There's probably some other things I'd like to do as the project goes on!

 This is my very first time trying any kind of modifications with plaplates and I have no idea how I'd like to design it, so, I pretty much got my inspiration from Shunneige's G-Self.
 Initially, I had these in one piece each. But I figured it'd be a lot more cumbersome to cut and size them to fit. So I cut it into 2.
 Applied way too much putty. Haha! For the crevice and along the sides to make them nice and flush.

 First real attempt at scribing. I used .2mm & .8mm Sujiborido BMC chisels. The .8mm line turned out awful!
 So, reputty and I'll try again.
 Just wanted to show the guide tape in action... By this point I kind of wanted to do some layering instead of a recession. But we'll see as I keep playing with it!
 I wish I would have prepared proper comparison shots as the modifications to the collar it a bit subtle. The reason for the putty is to fill in small holes because it is hollow.


 I applied a bunch of putty and I'll shape the visor once it cures!
Not sure how I wanted the indentations to be like. Originally they were a bit curvy for my taste. I'm planning on sanding/filing for a V shape.


Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment